Monday, February 4, 2013

Elder Project Part 1

Because of the general lack of clothing options for elder sims,  over the years I’ve done a fair amount of tweaking of the few options EA has provided.  I have been removing stencils, overlays, toning down specular maps, redoing color maps, changing tiling options, editing the multipliers to get rid of details which limited their usefulness in my game & editing multipliers to add details that suited my fancy. Mostly, I have done this a bit pell mell -- making things to fit the character of the sims I was playing at the time -- good enough for my use, but not really “finished enough” to share. Mostly because I was having problems doing proper normal maps - but now that I have a full Windows version of Photoshop (Xmas present :D ) I can use the nvidia tool . Over last month or so I have been going back over my “tweaks”  trying to make them “finished enough”.   This update is the result -- 7 bottoms, 7 tops, 5 additions to swimwear, 5 additions to sleepwear, 10 full body outfits, & 4 outerwear outfits.  (Most things are categorized for multiple use in game -- above refers to where they will be found on the site.) All meshes in this update are EA most are base game. Textures are primarily EA too, the only exceptions are textures which I created. colorbox-sims.com


Direct link to Elder Clothing

14 comments:

  1. Laure, I love you. <3
    This is above AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely blown away by this Laure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments <3 I am thrilled that you like it.

    -Laure

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable Laure! Thank you so much. Love that shift dress. Makes me think of Audrey Hepburn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi -- :D The Audrey Hepburn look was what I had in mind

      Delete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Elders are so overlooked, but now they have some great options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena :D I'm glad you found things you can use.

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous :D where can I download this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - the direct link to the elder clothing section is - http://www.colorbox-sims.com/Clothing_-_Colorbox_Elder_Project/Clothing_Choices.html -- Laure

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much. They are much needed. Elder has so few choices when it comes to clothing. Could you please make this skirt available for Adult - Young Adult too? - This one: colorbox clothing ef long skirt edit5.sims3pack.zip (Edit of the base game ankle length skirt - got rid of the belt and the front gored panel. File also includes 4 different color maps with varying numbers of recolorable areas -- fewest is 2, most is 4)
    I was so in love with it, your edit make it look gorgeous, I even tried to add YA age to it in s3pe but obviously the waist does not fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Link to the skirt for fast preference: http://www.colorbox-sims.com/Clothing_-_Colorbox_Elder_Project/Elder_-_Bottoms.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks Agnes :D -- Sorry I that I took so long to reply. Doing teen and young adult versions of that skirt has been on my to do list for quite awhile -- Since you are interested I'll try to get them done this weekend. -- Laure

      Delete
    3. you can download from by tumblr - http://www.tumblr.com/blog/colorboxsims

      Delete